5.13.2010

Mexican Crockpot Chicken

This recipe goes way back - all the way to last Tuesday when I first tried it. I pulled it from some other food blog, but I think it originally came from here. It was a crazy, busy day so thank goodness this made it in the crockpot AND bonus that all my kids really liked it. For dinner, we ate it over rice. Then I had it in a burrito for lunch the next day. Super easy with ingredients I usually have on hand.

4-5 chicken breasts
1 jar salsa (I used half)
1 can black beans
1 can corn, drained
8 oz. cream cheese (I used half)

Put first four ingredients in crockpot on low for 4-6 hours and then add cream cheeese about an hour before serving. (I actually added it at the end and just let it melt in while I mixed it.) Mix well, shred up chicken, and serve over rice. Feeds a family of five nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment